Do you know how to tell if motherboard is fried? Let’s find out! Motherboard repair, it is definitely worth doing. But is it a problem or is it a power supply? Questions and answers for working PCs.
The motherboard repairs and they are in pain. But it is not called the last, because sometimes they are not at all. If the fried mother board does not work, in fact, it can only be replaced or repaired. Once switched, the hassles, hassles are gone, and you can resume PC production. A new motherboard costs relatively little, starting at around 60 euros. So to get one working computer back, you don’t have to buy another, not at all. But let’s order.
What is a motherboard?
Seen “naked” without the protection of a PC or laptop case, the mainboard looks like a picture of a remarkable urban centre as seen from the Google Maps satellite above. A virtue of science. The mainboard is really a hub where all the PC hardware comes and goes. The motherboard – and with the name that remembers fertility it explains everything a little better – we said it accommodates almost every component of our PC or notebook and can also keep new ones ۔
To understand us more clearly. USB ports, audio and video cards, CD players, power supplies, and much more are connected to the peripheral motherboard. In older computers, for example, the motherboard connected floppy disk readers, keyboards, and mice with different inputs to today’s USB ports.
As a gaming enthusiast, I have covered several topics of top 2021 Motherboards. The first one is Best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x. In this, you can find the 5 fastest motherboards with good performance which will boost your gaming style.
If the capacitor does not go to the motherboard.
The motherboard is basically pre-printed where the circuits pass. It consists of several pre-printed layers, one of which is very thick in copper, which is useful for instantly removing heat from the mainboard itself.
At the level of the motherboard, the focusing eye also sees the electrolytic capacitors. The latter malfunction may be one of the reasons that will lead you to repair the motherboard.
By the way, here on the authoritative site cnet.com, for fools and real electronics lovers, there is a free in-depth course on repairing the Android keyboard. Otherwise, the advice is to skip DIY and consult an IT specialist to repair the motherboard.
Can you repair the motherboard?
We reiterate that it is better to leave him alone than to leave him alone. But a computer technician is certainly capable of doing this and most of all can guess whether it is worth repairing or replacing the motherboard. If the problem was only one or more capacitors, the IT technician could not sell them and replace them with new ones. This may be the case with older computers that no longer find new motherboards like the Best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700x with your computer.
Dangers of DIY in motherboard repair.
Motherboard repair/replacement is a very complex operation in terms of repair. This is especially difficult for laptops because space is limited. However, as we said, everything and much more are connected to the motherboard, and it requires the expertise of an IT technician to repair it. The Hewlett-Packard (HP) site, here in English, provides us with a complete list of what the main board fails to do and the procedures used to replace it. Motherboard compatibility is really the most important thing.
Find out which motherboard model you need. (My recommendation is Ryzen 5 3600x)
To understand which motherboards are compatible with your computer or laptop, follow these steps on Windows.
- Click the Windows logo icon on the keyboard below.
- In the “Start” menu, type “command prompt” and select it (you will have access to the motherboard data)
- Take a screenshot and you’ll know what we’re talking about buying a motherboard.
The “how to” encyclopedia, WikiHow, describes this operation in more detail here.
You may be wondering if the motherboard repair is worth it.
Yeah, that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT ain’t for me either. Consulting an IT specialist means not taking the risk of buying the wrong card.
Why does the motherboard break?
The motherboard rarely fails but after many years of disintegration. Reasons:
- Laptop crash
- Pet hair remains.
- Dirt that accumulates through the fans.
But there are also manufacturing flaws. In addition, a malfunction of some components on which the motherboard “sticks” can cause the same failure. However, the repair is a simple and necessary process, to combat the planned obsolescence of the core companies and for the green planet.
Some computer problems are easier to diagnose and fix, while others try a little harder to determine which internal component is causing the problem. When trying to fix a CPU in a system, there are often other factors that can cause the same symptoms and manifest the same behaviour. Replace the CPU with the same working processor and test the computer to see if the CPU is really the cause and not just another problem, such as a virus infection or a power issue.
Instructions of how to tell if motherboard is dead
1. Back up important system files to an external device such as a USB hard drive, network storage location, or a blank optical disk. Click “Start”, “Control Panel” and “Backup your computer” under the “Systems and Security” menu to access the Windows Backup utility. Click “Set up Backup” to start the backup wizard.
2. Click “Start” and “Shutdown” to shut down your computer. If the computer is currently in a state of sleep, standby, or hibernation, or if the state of the computer is unknown, turn it on and then turn it off using the “shutdown” command of the boot menu. Once the power is turned off completely, as indicated by a lack of a fan or turning on the computer, plug the power cord from the back of the computer.
3. Remove the cover from the system and attach one end of the antistatic wrist or wrist strap. Connect the other end to the metal chassis component or workbench or electrical outlet inside the computer to prevent electrostatic leakage of the system.
4. Disconnect the power cable connecting the CPU fan to the motherboard and then release the cooling fan retaining clips from the motherboard. Slowly slide the cooling fan or rotate it slightly to break the surface tension of the composite heat sink and then remove the cooling fan from the CPU.
5. Using a plastic knife or the edge of an expired credit card, scrape off any additional thermal heat sinks made from the top of the CPU while it is still installed in the motherboard socket. Also scrape off the extra thermal heat sink compound under the CPU cooling fan.
6. Soak a portion of the lint-free cloth in 91% isopropyl alcohol and stain the remaining heat sink compound and the remnants of the CPU and surface heat sink and avoid touching both surfaces after cleaning.
7. Lift the CPU locking lever on the motherboard and gently grab the edges of the CPU and pull it upwards from the socket. Place the new CPU in the socket as indicated by a small triangular mark or a corner of the CPU that marks pin 1.
8. Reduce the CPU locking mechanism so that the CPU is locked on the socket. Spread a thin layer of heat sink thermal compound over the entire surface of the CPU and press the fan and heat sink combination at right angles above the CPU. The heat sink locking mechanism is in place and connects the CPU fan power cable to the motherboard.
9. Turn on the system and check all the features. If problems persist, they are not caused by the CPU, but by some other component or software. If the issues are resolved, it is determined that the modified CPU was defective.
Tips and Warnings: how to tell if Motherboard is fried
- Replace the CPU with a faster processor to speed up the system. Determine the processors in collaboration with a particular motherboard by consulting your motherboard or computer system manual or contacting technical support.
- CPUs have very delicate pins that are bent out of repair, destroying the chip. Use extreme caution when handling the CPU and inserting or removing it from the power outlet.
- Many components of a computer system, including CPUs and motherboards, are sensitive to static and can be destroyed by small electrostatic discharges. Wear an anti-static wrist strap to reduce the chances of an accidental discharge.
I hope this guide on how to tell if motherboard is fried will resolve your issue. Let me know in the comments below your suggestion.