Here we discuss windows 10: how to improve performance for gaming. Suppose you have a gaming computer and you use Microsoft Windows 10. In that case, the chances are that if you don’t have a lot of hardware resources, it won’t be as good as you’d like with video games, especially On the laptop, Windows does not have the features of an operating system that uses the least amount of resources.
Because of this, there are some strategies you can put into practice so that your system consumes hardware resources and thus enables them to be allocated to video games. That way, you improve the system, and you’ll see improvement when you enjoy your favorite titles. Of course, you can’t expect miracles, but they will happen.
Before you begin, keep in mind that many of these instructions disable Windows 10 processes or services and can cause some things to stop working. These are usually not used, but if you are in doubt, skip this step.
Why improve Windows 10?
All software running on your computer uses a series of resources, primarily critical memory space and CPU time to execute its instructions. Windows 10 is a software that always runs so that other applications, including video applications, can work.
Whether it’s a desktop PC or a laptop, if you reduce the resources used by Windows 10 and its services, it means that you are freeing them to use video games. Of course, the base system and kernel will always run, but at least you can get rid of specific actions that are not important and used.
This tutorial will help you figure out how to stop the running processes and which are helpful, so you can do without them or use fewer resources, thus without your favorites. Accelerate the development of video games. Replacing equipment or upgrading hardware. Also, you will not need any tool to pay. It’s all free …
Steps to improve Windows 10 and speed up your video games
The main goal is to eliminate everything that consumes resources and is not necessary. This leaves the operating system with fewer services and processes, making the video game lighter to take advantage of.
0 Use some tools to improve your CPU for video games
There are some tools for video games to maximize performance from the CPU automatically. Quick is an example of a CPU to get the most out of today’s multi-core processors. For example, preventing the core from rotating or lowering the clock frequency, although you will have to monitor the temperature in these cases, as consumption will increase and there will be more heat …
Instant CPU free download
Stop the first unnecessary action.
There are many processes required to run the operating system and its services, but others are not. To do this, you must first:
- Then, press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your Windows 10.
- This brings up a blue screen where you have to select Task Manager.
- Pause on the main action tab.
- It would help if you did not have any programs running at this time. Note that there are several columns, such as CPU, memory, storage, etc. If you find that some processes are overused, name them Google and see if this is an essential process for Windows or stopped. If it can be prevented, do it.
- Then go to the Home tab.
- There you will see a list of processes or services that start with Windows 10 during launch. This system will take a long time to start, and at the same time, will always be in the background user resources.
- Click the Status column to sort by their status.
- Note that there are several columns. One is the producer, who the developer of the program indicates according to this process. Then, it shows if it is enabled (it starts and is therefore used) or not (inactive) in the Status tab. And the second central column is the initial effect column. This indicates whether it causes too much (high), too little (low), slows down the system during the initial time, not at all (none), or intermediate (medium).
- Of those that seem active, you should stop all unnecessary. For example, they are affiliated with third-party software such as Adobe, Corel, HP, etc. In addition, many of them are for updating software or similar tasks, and they use unnecessary resources on an ongoing basis. To disable, select and click Disable. By the way, you should not block certain services like Steam if you have it related to security (antivirus) or drivers (voice, etc.).
For example, in the icon above, see all people referring to Chromium, Dropbox, Autodesk, Spotify, Torrent, ASUS, OneDrive, etc. All this is not necessary and is slowing down the system. You can leave antivirus and audio drivers alone.
Second Power Management (for laptops only)
Another thing you can do to improve your Windows 10 and achieve higher performance for gaming is to manage your laptop options. For example, sometimes, the saving mode is configured by default to maximize performance and save battery.
To do this and to ensure that video games can take advantage of all hardware resources without restriction, you can:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Hardware and sound.
- Then move on to Power Options.
- There you choose high efficiency compared to others like high balance or economizer.
This option will force the hardware to perform higher, although it will drain the battery sooner. However, if you are going to play, connecting the equipment to the electrical network and autonomy will not be a problem.
3rd Windows Update Schedule
Windows Update Another Windows 10 system is also annoying because it uses background resources to check, download and install updates. In many cases, this happens at the most unpaid moment, even when the system needs to be restarted for the updates to take effect.
Therefore, at this stage, you should schedule Windows Update to do your work during hours when you do not usually play video games. This will prevent you from taking up resources during sports. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Cortana’s search engine, type “active times” without citations.
- Now click on the utility that shows you in the “Change Active Hours” list.
- In the new window, you have to click on the activate button.
- Choose a time when Windows stops allocating resources for updates. That way, those hours won’t bother you to play at maximum performance. So, for example, when you work with office software, play music, etc., it can be run because they are not things that require many resources.
It would help if you did not use times when the device is not turned on, such as at night, as this may deprive you of important updates. Unless you do them manually;
One of the reasons for the poor performance may be that the graphics drivers have expired. Make sure your AMD, NVIDIA or Intel card drivers are up to date, so they’re as customizable as possible and work best with video games. Some updates are intended to improve performance with unique video game titles.
4th Cleaning software
Another option to speed up Windows 10 is to get rid of everything you don’t need. It’s also a well-recommended process for security, but it’s also suitable for performance. Delete everything that takes up space on the hard disk to free it and install programs that you never use.
For example, many computers usually come with a lot of unnecessary software that you will never use, such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, Acer, etc. In addition, you may have cooperated by installing some of the programs that you use only once and leaving them …
To remove them, do the following:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Then in programs.
- Add or remove programs.
- Read each installed program in the list and decide if you need it or remove it. Then, delete everything you can’t use (be careful not to remove necessary software, drivers, etc.).
Turn off 5th unnecessary Windows 10 services.
Another source of concern is the Windows 10 service. Many of them are running transparently even if the user does not notice it, and all these resources are taking away from your video games. Many of these services are entirely useless for gaming.
To find them, you need to follow these steps:
- Search “Records”.
- Click on the first option in the list that appears.
- You will see a new window with a list of Windows 10 services.
- View the Startup Type column.
- Key points you can change include:
- Downloaded Map Manager: You can set it manually.
- Print Queue: If you do not use the printer, disable it.
- Net BOS at the TCP / IP Wizard request: If you do not share files on the local network, disable it.
- IP Wizard Application: If you do not use the IPv6 network, disable or manually.
- Sensor services: Disable if it is not a table, switcher or mobile. It only works for position sensors that are not present in standard desktops and laptops.
- Handwriting panel and touch keyboard service: Disable if you do not use touch screen.
- Click to run Microsoft Office service: If you do not use Office, you can disable or manually operate.
- Windows Defender Security Center Service: Disabled or automated if you use different antivirus.
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA): If you have a scanner or camera, you can skip it, but if not, disable it.
- dmwappushsvc: Microsoft data collection service. You can set it to inactive or manual.
Accept, and you can exit the window.
Improve the Windows 10 registry
Now you need to continue the Windows 10 registry. If you are not sure what you are doing, I advise you not to touch this part, as you may damage it, and it may not work correctly, or the system may not start. ۔ Only do this if you know what you are doing. I also recommend using apps like CC Liner to keep the registry tidy and clean to be in better condition.
To improve logging for video games, you need to:
- Press Windows key and R on your keyboard.
- Type “Regedit” in the window without references. Press Enter.
- The registry utility now appears.
- It would help if you went to Registration or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> Software> Microsoft> Windows NT> Current Version> Multimedia> System Profile.
- There, you need to right-click on the space on the right and create a new value.
- It should be DWORD type.
- It will be called “System Responsiveness” without references. Verify that it is as it is. Otherwise, it will not work.
- The hexadecimal value must be “00000000” without significance, that is, eight zeros.
- You accept The MMCSS service used by some video games may work to prioritize CPU and GPU usage.
- Now you should go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> Software> Microsoft> Windows NT> Current Version> Multimedia> System Profile> Tasks> Games.
- Now, look to the right for GPU priority. You will need to modify it to change the value of 8 to replace it.
- Now, set the category of the table, you change it to high instead of low.
- Accept, and you can exit Regedit.
Turn on the seventh game mode.
You must enable Windows 10 Game Mode. An option that allows you to improve the environment for game-time slightly. For it:
Search “Game Mode” in the search box right from the start.
Click Game Mode Control to improve game gear.
Click on the option called Graphics Settings.
Now select the Classic app.
Find the action of the game you want to play and add it.
Click Overall, go to Options, and select a dedicated graphics card if you have an Intel Intel or AMD card. As long as your computer has a dedicated one, of course … it prevents you from using another low-performance integrated graphics card.
8º Make sure you don’t run apps in the background while you’re running
Sometimes all of the above may be insufficient if some scheduled applications start running abruptly or are launched through some event. To prevent Windows 10 from doing this, you can follow these steps.
Search “Background” in the search box after the launch of Windows 10.
Now click on Choose which applications can run in the background.
Look at the list of the list in the background you want to jump to and disable in the new window. Or maybe you want to disable them all …
The ninth priority of the video game process
There is more that you can do when you open the game to get a little more performance. This is the place:
- Open the video game you are about to play.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. The game window will be minimized.
- Go to the Windows Task Manager.
- Look in the action tab for the name of the video game you’re playing.
- For example, if it’s Fortnight, there’s a process called it. Right-click it, set preferences, and select Advanced.
- Accept, and you can exit Task Manager. Using the real-time option is not recommended. It will be a high performance one, but it can also damage Windows itself.
Now you can continue playing with a little more performance.