No king rules forever, and after a long life of 10 years, support for Windows 7 Laptop ends. By January 2020, the operating system, which still accounts for about 40% of the market. They will no longer receive updates, nor maintenance and security (although companies will meet with Windows to pay for emergency emergencies. Will continue to receive updates. XP), users who do not update to the latest version of the operating system are at risk of minimal risk to the operating system.
Windows 10 has been among users for almost 4 years and, during that time. It has developed almost everything that has not been improved and changed. Both in privacy and security, stability, and performance. Today, aside from the worries of the October 2018 update with older hardware, Windows 10 has become a viable successor to Windows 7 (although there are people who will always deny it) and this operating system is quite stable. And it will work. Faster than Windows 7 on another computer.
In this article, we are going to collect everything you need to know to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, who can do it, and everything. What we need is guidance, step by step, so that we can carry out the whole process without losing our data.
Table of Content
- 1 We encounter these problems when updating Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10
- 2 Why do we need to upgrade Windows without losing data?
- 3 Which users can upgrade from Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10?
- 4 Step by step: How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10
- 5 What to do after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- 6 How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Previous Windows.
We encounter these problems when updating Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10
One thing we need to keep in mind is that the problem of synchronization cannot be the only ones we face. The process of updating to a newer version of Windows 10 is quite complex and sensitive, an issue can cause it to fail, and either the changes are undone (in which case nothing happens), or our system and The data will be completely unusable. Our difficulty in the danger of disappearing.
To avoid this, the first thing we should try is that Windows 7 is the most up-to-date with all the updates released through Windows Update because Microsoft usually updates every time. Releases patches to improve compatibility in the dating process. Furthermore, it is important that system files are not modified by third-party applications. If we use dynamic or aggressive applications to modify the appearance of Windows or other aspects of the operating system, we run a serious risk that the update will go wrong. In this case, we need to check the integrity of the Windows system files before continuing, restoring the original files to minimize the possibility of something going wrong.
Anti-virus & Firewalls
Finally, some very aggressive applications, such as anti-virus, firewall, or other applications that make minor changes to our operating system, cause a lot of trouble during the update. Although the operating system will uninstall itself if it detects a program that might cause trouble, we do our best to manually install antivirus and other programs before updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Install the ones we think might cause trouble. To avoid compatibility issues, we also need to make sure that we use the latest versions of all installed applications.
Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender, one of the best antiviruses we can find today. We can safely install our antivirus which, when we update Windows 10, we will be completely safe.
Why do we need to upgrade Windows without losing data?
We’ve already said that we need to have a Windows 7 computer, install security and feature updates, install anti-virus, and update applications to the latest version. All of this, along with the Internet connection, prepares our computer to receive the new Windows 10. The process of updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will keep all the data on our hard drive from being deleted, however, we remember that this is a very delicate process and it may fail for various reasons, so continue We recommend that you make a backup of the most important files before placing them.
The fact is that programs and configurations are the data that we can download from the Internet again and, in a short time, their loss is not a problem. However, our music, our personal videos, all the photos, documents … all we need to save to another hard drive (if we have one) or at least, USB memory or the cloud. That way, if something goes wrong with upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and losing data, we can recover it.
Backups are very important, and even more so when we are going to do something like this.
Our computer is already ready, and given the needs and potential difficulties we face, we’ll take a step-by-step look at how to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Which users can upgrade from Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10?
If we run Windows 7, we can run Windows 10, no problem. The minimum requirements for Windows 10 are the same as for Windows 7. And consumption is very similar today, so if Windows 7 runs faster, 10 will increase. And if 7 slows down, 10 will increase. Will We expect miracles if we use old hardware unless. We want to replace our computer’s normal hard drive with SSD, then we will see a significant improvement in performance.
If we’re running two pre-Windows 7 operating systems, Windows Vista or Windows XP, we’ll have to go through Windows 7 before we can jump into Windows 10, and Microsoft can’t make it easy for us to do that, so let us know. All I have to do is format my computer directly and install Windows 10 from scratch, without losing programs and files stored on the hard drive (we already have to back up).
For the rest of us, we shouldn’t have the compatibility issue to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Practically all modern and updated programs that work in 7 will perform the same in 10 when the two operating systems share the same kernel, and we will not be able to find each other. With inappropriate memory, storage, or hardware restrictions that we don’t have in Windows 7.
Step by step: How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10
Once we have updated our Windows 7 and are ready to receive the update, only then, to back up our most important files. The next thing we do is update the Windows 10 Wizard. Will download The following link is known as Media Creation Tool, or Media Creation Tool.
1.Once this application is downloaded. We run it on our computer with the permission of the administrator. The application will make some preparations and checks to ensure compatibility with the upgrade process and to reduce the likelihood of something going wrong.
3. We choose the first option (if you want to make a Windows 10 installation USB. We recommend reading the previous manual) and this tool will take care of everything itself. It will automatically update to the latest version of Windows 10 Will download. Create a temporary media, take care of the installation and all preparations, and check for updates to both downloaded versions of Windows 7 and Windows 10 to make sure nothing went wrong.
4. We again accept the Windows 10 license terms and allow the device to continue its testing.
5. Next, we will see a new window with elements that need our attention. Here we will be able to check the files we want to save during the process of updating the operating system. We can choose whether we want all data and programs to be saved. Only data (uninstalling programs) or if we want to delete everything and install clean Windows 10.
6. Also, if a conflicting driver or program is detected. As can be seen in the screenshot below, we will see a warning that this could cause us trouble.
7. If we have some kind of incompatible software. It is advisable to uninstall it before continuing, because if we do not. We may have difficulty starting Windows after updating it. May come Once these have been installed, or if we would like to risk performing the update anyway. We confirm that we have seen these issues and continue to do so.
If all goes well, we can see a summary of the update process.
Here we will see the version in which we are going to update. According to our license (in our case we are going to update from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro). And what will happen to the data and personal programs we have.
8. Then we save all our work. Click on the “Install” button and the process of upgrading from Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 will begin. It depends on our hardware and the data on our computer. Also, we will not be able to use the equipment during this process, so we should keep this in mind.
9. This wizard will take care of everything from installing and configuring Windows 10 and getting it ready. The computer will restart several times during this process. Although we will not have to do anything, the whole process will be fully automated by the end. When we have to choose the privacy options and the Microsoft services we want to use.
10. We’ve already updated Windows 7 to Windows 10. As we can see, this process is very simple and, if our system is up-to-date and some parts of it have not been modified, is relatively safe. If we choose to keep programs and personal files, we can find them where we were.
What to do after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
When the process of updating from hp Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 is finished. We will have the new Microsoft operating system installed on our computer. Depending on what we have chosen (or not,) and all the programs and settings. Have
We must first connect to the Internet so that the operating system itself is in charge of finding updates in Windows Update. Updates that may be minor patches to the operating system or, for example, the graphics driver or any of these. The other component system. We can also see these updates manually by typing “Windows Update” in the white box at the bottom.
The next thing to check is that whatever programs we have installed and used are installed in Windows 10 anyway. If we decide to install programs, applications like Photoshop, Google Chrome or Office Suite should be like Windows 7. All our personal files should be in the same folder. The update process only changes the “Windows” and “Program Files” directories on the hard drive, it should not have been changed further.
If we have a missing program, it is because Windows removed it during the update. In that case, all we have to do is find it online again and reinstall it.
As for security, Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender. A great anti-virus installed by default that allows us to stay safe at all times. While we stay connected to the Internet. It has one of the highest rates of anti-virus, malware detection, and best scores in tests. Such as the AV test, as well as additional security modules, such as anti-exploitation modules, or anti-security software.
Windows 10 is already installed on our computer. Now, all we have to do is find out all about the operating system that, in a few months, will make Windows 7 a success.
How to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Previous Windows.
There are still a lot of users against Windows 10 who don’t feel comfortable with it. Even after giving it more than one chance. In this case, Microsoft gives us a 10-day grace period during which we will be able to go back. Uninstall Windows 10, and go back to Windows 7 as we did before updating our computer.
To do this, we will open the Windows 10 Settings menu and, in the “Update and Security” section, select the “Recover” option. Here we will see an entry called 7 Back to Windows 7 called.
Turn Back to Windows 7
Microsoft will ask us why we want to leave Windows 10 behind and go back to Windows 7 Laptop. We can tell them why, don’t tell them anything or lie to them, it’s up to us. What is clear is that they will go beyond our comments.
The wizard will ask us if we would like to check for updates before returning. if there is a situation that solves our problems. If we decide to proceed. We will see a message informing us that after resetting Windows 10. We will need to reinstall some programs which will be uninstalled for compatibility reasons. In addition, we will lose some of the settings in Windows 10 that are not compatible with the hp Windows 7 laptop.
We will also see a notice that we must remember the password on Windows 7 Laptop. Or we will not be able to log in to the operating system. If we agree with everything and we want to get back to Windows 7, we just click on «Return to Windows 7 Laptop and that’s it.
The computer will restart several times during the Windows 10 update process. And after several minutes we will be back to Windows 7 as we had before the update started.