How can I fix high CPU usage of windows host process
- Run a PowerShell script
- Install software to correct high CPU usage
- Clean your computer boot
- Scan your computer for malware/virus infections
It seems that more and more users are having difficulty with their Surface Pro 3 devices running different versions of the Windows 10 operating system. An important issue is the reception process of the “synchronization” setting. It uses about 25% or 30% of the Surface Pro 3 device CPU in most cases. After following the instructions below, you’ll be sure to get the process from your host to configure the sync in Windows 10, so you don’t have to worry about the device’s high CPU usage.
Most Windows 10 users have tried to disable the sync feature on the system. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary solution, as it will reappear in a few minutes. In the next tutorial, we will implement a script that will test the sync function in your system and turn it off whenever this script appears. Note that this is only a temporary fix, but we only have it until Microsoft updates the Windows 10 system and prevents it from happening again.
Resolved: windows host process operation causes high CPU usage in Windows 10
Run the PowerShell script
- Right-click or hold the button in an open space on the Windows 10 desktop.
- Click the left mouse button or click the “New” option in the menu.
- From the “New” submenu, click the left mouse button or click “Text Document”.
- Now that you’ve created your text document, you can name it whatever you want. Example: “High CPU fix.”
- Double-click to open the new text document you created.
- In the text document, please copy and paste the following lines in bold:
- Get – ScheduledJob |? Name -QQ “Kill Setting Host” | Registered Scheduled Job
Register Schedule Job -Name Kill SyncHost Configuration »-RunNow -RunEvery« 00:05:00 redGet action | ? $ . Name -eq “SettingSyncHost” – and $ . . Stop the flooring process}
- Press or tap the “File” button at the top left of the text document.
- In the “File” menu, click with the left mouse button or click the “Save as” option.
- Now on the right, with the “File Name” option, delete the extension “.txt” from the folder and type the following: “.ps1” without quotation.
- Left-click or tap the “Save” button at the bottom of the “Save” window.
- Now go to the desktop where you saved the file and right-click or hold the button.
- You will need to press the left or tap on the “Run with power shell” function from the menu that appears.
Note: You will need administrative privileges to run this script, so be sure to log in with your admin account.
- After the script is finished, the function must be checked for synchronization if the process is still active.
- If this process is still running, restart your Windows 10 operating system and continue the PowerShell script as you did before.
Install software to correct high CPU usage
If the problem persists, you can also install dedicated software to troubleshoot high CPU issues. We’ve already compiled a list of the best tools to use to solve CPU usage issues. Read the details of each instrument and download one that suits your needs.
Clean your computer boot
That way, you’ll start your computer with just a minimal set of programs and drivers.
- Go to Start> Type MS Config> Type
- Go to System Settings> Click on the Services tab> Check the Hide Microsoft Services box> Click Disable All
- Open the Startup tab> Task Manager.
- Select each startup item> Disable> Close Task Manager> Click Restart Computer
Scan your computer for malware/virus infections
High CPU usage can also be triggered by malware or virus infections. You can run a complete system antivirus scan using Windows 10’s built-in antivirus software or a third-party antivirus solution.
All you have to do is adjust your high CPU usage for the Surface Pro 3 device running Windows 10 operating system. As soon as we have Microsoft has released an update that will fix this problem. If you have any further questions you can write to us in the comments section below. We will help you as soon as possible.